In this world of digitalization where every single piece of information is getting digitalized. Why should Ration Card remains behind in this process?
- Tamil Nadu Smart Ration Card online apply
- FPS code in Tamilnadu ration card
- TN Smart Ration Card Status
Tamil Nadu State Government has taken an initiative to digitalize the Ration card which we call the Smart Ration Card for all the citizens of the state. The application for TNPDS Ration Card and their distribution is done online.
Tamil Nadu Digital Ration Card
While going through this article you will find all the details regarding the process of applying for a Smart Ration Card, benefits of Smart Ration Card, eligibility for the process, the process of viewing Smart Ration Card status and much more. This all can be done by visiting the TNPDS official website tnpds.gov.in
Who issues TNPDS Ration Card
The State Governments of India issues Ration Cards, an official document through which the families who are below the poverty line can take the benefits of Government schemes. They can also consume the subsidized grains by Ration Card from the Public Distribution System.
Along with the scheme benefits, the Ration card also acts as identity proof for the citizens of India. Also, You can smart card Tamilnadu apply online.
Therefore, the TNPDS Ration Card being so beneficial, the Tamil Nadu Government is digitalizing the Ration card so that none can face any kind of problem while dealing with it.
Tamil Nadu Smart Ration Card/Key Point
Ration card is now a necessity for the citizens as well as for Government. It emerges as a great help for the Government too. The citizens of India through this document register themselves for counting of the population.
The citizens of Tamil Nadu state can use four types of Smart Ration card. They are:
- Light Green Cards: Government of Tamil Nadu issues Light Green Cards for buying rice and other commodities from the fair price shop. Antyodaya Anna Yojna scheme holders also hold light green ration cards.
- White Cards: White cardholders are eligible to get 3 Kg of extra sugar over their authorized quota. That means white cardholders will get 3kg of sugar more than light green cardholders.
- No commodity Cards: No commodity cards holders doesn’t enjoy the right to buy any commodity from the ration shop.
- Khaki Cards: Tamil Nadu police staff up to the rank of Police Inspector enjoys the rights of this card.
Important Documents For Applying For Smart Ration Card
Before registering yourself for the digital Ration Card make sure to enlist these important documents which are necessary at the time of application.
- Pan Card
- Aadhar Card
- Bank passbook
- Recent passport size photo
- Caste/Category certificate
- Income certificate
- Electricity bill
Steps To Apply For Smart Ration Cards
As we all know the Government of Tamil Nadu State is digitalizing the Ration Card but it cannot be done automatically.
The citizens of the state have to do it online. Its a very simple task to apply online for digital Ration Card. One will visit the official website of TNPDS and all can be done by following these simple steps.
- First of all, select the language in which you want to work on the website. The website provides the language selection option at the top right corner.
- Under ‘Smart Card Application Services’ Menu click on ‘Smart Card Application’.
- Sometimes the website also shows the option ‘Apply for electronic card’ instead of ‘Smart Card Application’. Both serve the same purpose.
- After clicking the option ‘Smart Card Application’ a page with an application form will appear in front of you.
- There will be two options present on the screen. One is ‘Application for new electronic card’ and other is ‘Old family card registration’
- If you want to apply for the fresh Smart Ration Card then click on ‘Application for new electronic card’ or if you want to convert your offline Ration Card into Smart Ration Card then click on ‘Old family card registration’
- Enter the required details.
- Upload the photo of the family head. The photo should be in jpeg, jpg or png file under 10 kb size.
- After filling your all details, in the ‘Family member details’ section select the type of cards that you want to opt for. Also, select the proof of residence. Upload the scanned copy of residence proof. The scanned copy should be in png, gif, jpeg or pdf files under 1.0 MB size.
- Click on the ‘submit’ button after filling all the details.
- You will be provided with a reference number on your registered mobile number. Use that reference number for checking the status of your application.
Applying For Smart Ration Card Through Mobile Application
For accessing the information, the mobile application is a faster medium than the website. Ninety percent of the websites are providing their application for the users to access the information.
TNPDS also came forward with its mobile application which one can find at the bottom right corner of the TNPDS official website home page.
Both the option for android user and IOS users are present to download the application. You can download this application for accessing the information in an easier and faster way.
Besides this, you can also change your address, add or remove your member and change your family leader on your existing Smart Ration Card.
This can be done by going for the option under the menu ‘Electronic Card Related Services‘. Which you can find on the home page of the website.
Applying For Smart Ration Card Through Point Of Sale Device
Point Of Sale devices comes with biometric authentication and security system which uses thumbprint as the authenticity of the Ration Card holders. Through this system, the registration for the Smart Ration Card and checking the status of registration can be done.
The government of Tamil Nadu has provided Point Of Sale devices to your nearby Ration shop. You can anytime apply for the new Smart Ration Card by visiting these shops. But make sure to carry the eligible documents with you while applying for Smart Ration Card through Point Of Sale device.
TNPDS Smart Card Status Check online
As soon you apply for Smart Ration Card, you will get a reference number in your registered mobile number. That reference number you will use here. How can TNPDS smart card status check online?. Follow the steps given below.
- After visiting the official website of Tamil Nadu Public Distribution System, click on ‘Smart Card Application Status’
- On the next page, they will demand a Reference number from you. Enter your reference number and click on the ‘Submit’ button.
- Your full status will be shown as you click on the ‘Submit’ Button
Steps To Update The Existing Smart Ration Card
You would be wondering how you can make changes in your existing Smart Ration Card which already has been registered. Just follow these few simple steps and you will be ready with your updated Smart Ration Card.
- Visit the Official Website of TNPDS.
- Click on the first option ‘Reprint Smart Card’ under the ‘Reprint Smart Card’ menu.
- On the following page, you will enter the registered mobile number and captcha. Click on the ‘Submit’ button.
- You will receive an OTP on your registered mobile number. Enter the OTP.
- With entering the OTP you can make changes in Smart Ration Card information in a form.
- After then the process is the same as applying for the Smart Ration Card. Click on the ‘Submit’ button once you complete filling the information.
- You will receive a reference number through which you can check your status.
Aim of TNPDS Smart Ration Card
If the Government of Tamil Nadu has decided to convert the offline Ration Card into online then there should be a purpose for that. Tamil Nadu state Government through Smart Ration Card wants to create a transparency between the Ration cardholder and the information related to it.
There will be no longer need of visiting the Government office for the user to apply and update the information regarding the Ration Card after converting it into a Smart Ration Card.
Smart Ration Card will eliminate the middle man or intermediate creating the direct interaction between the user and the information.
The process of applying for a Smart Ration Card is very easy and less time-consuming. It also reduces the cost of printing and distributing the Ration Card.